Sunday, March 15, 2009

It is!

Last night, The physio came to do Joshy's percussion and vibrations session (Percussion involves a rhythmical cupping action applied to the chest wall performed with a full cupped hand, tented fingers, or by using an infant resuscitation face mask (cupping). The technique of vibration can be performed manually by using the fingers to cause a fine shaking motion of the chest wall), and she suctioned lots of secretions. After speaking with her though, I now understand that Josh actually does have a chest infection. The sputum sample they took determines infections in the chest area, and that's where those two infections are. So, the Hyoscine patch that he wears behind an ear wont help those secretions; it's a different thing.

The Doctor (and a nurse) came from ICU and decided to leave Josh as he is, as there's nothing they can really do for vomiting there that couldn't be done where he is. I was fine with that.

The nurse that came in for Josh for the night must have been from an agency or something (not sure how it all works), as Ive never seen her before, and didn't seem familiar with the placement of things. The ICU nurse actually recommended a few things to her regarding Josh's care, particularly with suctioning. I was a little wary and concerned about leaving everything to her to begin with, and it took me a long while before I slept.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about your family through some other scrapbooking ladies and I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family, as I know many others are from around the world! Hugs to you and your little one.

-Crystal

 
Copyright 2009 Joshua