Friday, March 20, 2009

Radio

Over the last 2 months, we have experienced the kindness, support and generosity of our family and friends. I have closer relationships now with some people, made new friends, and will be eternally grateful for everyone being here for us.

I know people sometimes want to help, and don't know how, but the meals and food they provide us, the offers of looking after and collecting our other kids (and the list goes on), is by no means a small deal. Most importantly, I know I can turn to any one of them, and talk if I need to, and that is what really helps me.

The lovely Leesa wrote a letter (unbeknown to me) to Today FM, and it was decided they would make a feature segment of it... so last Friday (20th) morning, the Kyle and Jackie O Show broadcast our story and asked Sydney listeners to offer donations to our Jojo.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined the response. The show ran about 20 minutes overtime, and they played snippets of it over the weekend.

The link to Joey's bit on the Today FM site is here.

Thank you Today FM, The Kyle and Jackie O Show, to Kyle Sandilands himself (for his own generous donation), Leesa, and the generous people of Sydney.

I know people don't do these things for the thanks in return or recognition, but truly, how amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is fantastic news about The 2Day FM appeal. This money will be so helpful in Joeys recovery.

Liz

Jo-Blogs said...

Hi, I have written a blog about Joshua and it will be up shortly please add me as I write a blog that helps support people with disabilities. It may be useful and a good way to talk to people who are going through similar situations. Thanks.

Jo-Blogs.

 
Copyright 2009 Joshua