Thursday, August 6, 2009

Swimming Lessons

About a year and a half ago, I did take Kane and Josh to swimming lessons a few times. Kane was old enough to go with an instructor without me, while for Josh, I had to be in the water with him and play the games etc.

The classes were booked at a lesson a week for 4 weeks, and we attended the same class time for two months. After that, due to the lack of participants for that time, I think it was Joshy's class time that was moved or cancelled. That meant that Kane would have to sit on the side and watch, and hopefully stay there, while I was in the water with Josh. Josh and I didn't go to lessons again. Kane went a few more times, and then, not sure why, we stopped going for him too.

A few weeks ago, Kane had an assessment to re-commence swimming lessons. He began his classes last Thursday, in which I hear he did really well. I took him today, and he looked like he was really trying hard, but having a fun time.

Josh slept most of today, and was asleep in his stroller poolside, so to passers-by he just looked like a regular knackered kid.

Inside though I was screaming "Oh! Its wonderful that you have your kids at swimming lessons! Its so important!" Its never too early to begin swimming lessons for your kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been really hard. You're a brave woman. WIshing you all the best. xx NJ

 
Copyright 2009 Joshua